- Place platform in the lowest setting in the brazier.
- Place the ashtray on top of the platform.
- Spread some firelighters in the ashtray and light.
- Fill the ashtray with charcoal, around and on top of the burning firelighters. Wait till the charcoal is burning.
- Cover the burning charcoal with small chopped wood. Dead dry Oak wood is the best. Wait till the wood is smoking a lot.
- Put your food in an aluminium foil disk. This is to prevent the fluid from dripping onto the charcoal.
- Place your aluminium foil tray with food, on the grill, on top of the Hoffy brazier.
- Place the frying pan upside down to cover food as a lid.